Thursday 2 October 2008


02 10 07

Back in the land of green, chips and antiques
I am at the Windy Ridge Cafe outside Plymouth - pensioners special
This is cuisine
my number is 43
A nice cup of English transport tea
My sleeping was not good last night

At Plymouth Ferry Port met a Danish cyclist/eccentric who was ‘doing’ Europe on his bike
He asked me directions to Harwich, i said follow the coast
He was very interested in the morgan
talked about the fumes on the car ferry and had to do his exercises to clear his lungs
Also something about they only used the one vw in Auschwitz to kill the jew.
It seemed to go on
I couldn't understand in that English way of polite dismissal - I was home

The windy Ridge was on top form, Antique roads show on the TV,
It puts me right back in it
I hope I am not too beige if I ever get old.

“ Its very reasonable here “

Chips

Chips are to the English what coffee is to the Italians

Chug along west in ill bella,

some car

home to my loved ones with open arms.

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

From reading your words and viewing your paintings, I find it very hard to believe you will ever get "too beige" or "too old".