Sunday 26 October 2008

Icarus




icarus


fall

sun

son

The sky as thin as paper

this membrane,

to night

yet as before me
the light rises
as day falls

in side

-

following the light
not as a path
but more of a scan
a scan of arc
( twilight as reverb )

this after glow
as shine
as everything

Acquiescence
a
pale
reminder

and then
high jets
their tales
tails
light and electric
rising
falling
fast/slow

spoked rays
fanned
over
ending

night crown

-

jet in ether
towards the blue
icarus
lid of night
compress the day
eve
a chink
a closing gap

iris

lens

for a moment

-
a cloud
hovers above me
febrile
as if moving
just forming
resonates
as if to touch
form
to come
and then
go

form moving through air
air moving through form

hung before me
as a thought
a notion
its belly becoming more solid

as I grasp it
it falls away
and becomes a cloud

-

this air
is
silent

and then a crease of sound from above

-
time dissolves
time as a carriage
I halt
to stop

and this wind
makes a measure of it

-

the light in the west
its shine
last forever
in this moment
stretch
bend
curve
horizontal

amulet
its lamp
brighter
as the edges
the periphery
grow dim

no reddening
just a paling

-

light

as a psalm

as a communion

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

I cannot help but comment on this.
The painting...I don't have the words right now. 'Felt'—must suffice.

The words...the more they are pared down, the deeper it reaches. This cuts cleanly, quietly, gently and beautifully.

Thank you for taking the time to post these parts of you.

brainmarket said...

hey tom

hope you and your family are well

as soon as i finish paying off the large fines for my latest run-in with the local plod i'd like to get one of your paintings for my office

have you shipped your stuff overseas before? is it too tricky?

let me know please

martin

i'd like a big one
(that's what SHE said!)