Tuesday 16 September 2008


16 09 07

Bit of a drive today
Ill Parco I will not go again.
Motorway and il bella is not running well
the timing is out, in need of a tune, clutch rattling again.

Past Roma and down towards Napoli.
Round the back of Vesuvius past groves of Hazelnuts
I get the feeling I am rushing this time, ( maybe as I have to fit this trip into a gap ).

A long drive through still heat
and then to the Cliento.
to find the sea breeze

This is where it starts
to the south

a detour through crisp burnt hills
now a veracious stillness

I find Monte Corice and Hotel Lembo di mare.
the same people
the same post season emptiness
I have the place to myself

you could really hide away in a place like this

I am weary, dusty and tired

take a swim, warm cool amongst a naples yellow light.

I must learn Italian

This trip seems to be a kind of ‘ you walk the walk but do you talk the talk '

One step beyond
Into Italy
Why? - because I want to

South of forever

south of somewhere going south

No comments: