Monday 29 September 2008




29 09 07

North Africa ferries


Grey clouds up from the south
Industrial places and ports are the new wilderness
species identified by corporate logos
A landscape of components, world substructure

I think it is the speed of the boats I enjoy.
When they come into port, all slow and gentle, careful
easing into berth
large and incongruous in the confines of the harbour
tethered and waited on by dipping cranes
mantis cranes

suddenly so small on the large sea

slow films about ships
large scale things happen in unnoticed ways
or small increments
Big moving container cranes
a wanting silenzio
which I suppose does’nt exist in public spaces
a need to have ‘background - more like foreground music
to cover up the noise of the air.

The women serving petite dejener is very attractive
She puts some smoochy music on
“Would you like a dance mademoiselle”

Sometimes I think and write real crap
If I was on a computer I’d delete
So does this mean that all errors are disappearing.
A catalogue of errors

Drive to Spain
It's quite fresh again
Along the coast, the autostrada to Espania
into the warm
Up over the top of the hills towards Vic
This fresh green
To Vic and Fontarnau to see Marianne, Marie Angels and Jordi.
The Dutch painters are there Robert and Yolanda.
Fontarnau is as peaceful as ever.
Jordi is excited at seeing the car, he has two MG’s that he has lovingly restored.
Food, wine and grappa into the night under the stars in the courtyard.

Sleep amongst the frogs

Vivid dreams about the med.

Restless night as they all have been
I feel good about things.
I am over my existential's and have some good images floating around my head.
it seems different to last year
A closer distance.

You feel there is an optimism here.


No comments: